South Dakota sports betting
Many of you may wonder if online sports betting is legal in South Dakota. Currently, both on-site and online betting can take place in approved casinos in Deadwood, SD. Some of these are Tin Lizzie, Mustang Sally’s, Gold Dust Casino, and Cadillac Jack. We suggest you check back for any updates.
- South Dakota sports betting
- SD sports betting establishments
- Best SD sportsbook apps
- An overview of online sportsbooks in SD
- DraftKings offers daily fantasy sports
- Online SD sportsbook by Draftkings
- Customer reward program at DraftKings SD
- DraftKings offers a variety of payment options
- Payout methods for DraftKings SD
- FanDuel Sportsbook SD
- Overview of FanDuel
- FanDuel: How to claim your SD welcome bonus
- FanDuel Deposit Options
- Promotions at Fanduel Sportsbook
- BetMGM Sportsbook
- What is on offer at BetMGM?
- Creating an account with BetMGM South Dakota
- How to Bet on the sportsbook at BetMGM
- Other states that provide sports betting:
- Laws for sports betting in SD
- NFL SD mobile sports betting apps
- The gambling tax for sports betting in SD
- Key terms used for SD online sports betting
- Conclusion for sports betting in SD
- FAQs SD sports betting
SD sports betting establishments
Being a rookie sports bettor might be scary. It’s almost like learning a new language at first, but once you get it, it’s extremely straightforward. Everybody starts somewhere.
We’ll also advise you on where and how to place your bets on the safest and legal sports betting platforms. Then, in the privacy of your own home, place a bet on a sporting event via your desktop computer, tablet, or mobile SD sports betting.
We invite you to discover the most popular sporting events in the United States and the typical betting markets. Don your SD sports betting hat and read up on the laws around sports betting in South Dakota.
What the state of South Dakota sports betting allows
Numerous establishments offer legal sports betting in South Dakota. They allow sports fans and bettors alike access to the most popular sporting events. It’s hard to go wrong with the licensed properties in Deadwood, South Dakota. They all provide great odds, exciting events, and more.
Any sportsbook in Deadwood that you choose will be able to meet your needs. You’ll be able to take advantage of improved sportsbook facilities, odds, and promotions. Also, all the operators are in one place.
Even though there aren’t any international sportsbook operators in the city’s casinos yet, the current deals are good enough for even the pickiest gamblers to enjoy.
If you’re looking for a high-quality sportsbook, operators like BetMGM can help you out! They offer MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA betting, and more options.
Best SD sportsbook apps
An overview of online sportsbooks in SD
Tin Lizzie Gaming Resort and Cadillac Jack’s Gaming Resort and BetMGM Sportsbook SD formed a partnership on August 19, 2021, to provide sports betting in Deadwood. This was the first time that retail and SD mobile betting was available in Deadwood.
In addition, BetMGM aims to install betting kiosks at certain properties. Deadwood could be home to a variety of other brands, including:
Deadwood’s casino partners are very much the same to those found in popular South Dakota sports betting markets. Draftkings, Fanduel, BetMGM, and William Hill are some of the companies that are likely to be in the Deadwood sportsbook market.
- It should come as no surprise that this one comes highly recommended. They are one of the largest US online sports betting brands for real money and daily fantasy tournaments.
- If you live in one of the places DraftKings recognizes, we think you should sign up for an account.
- Online fantasy sports have never been better than they are right now! DraftKings is the only name you need to know when it comes to fantasy sports.
- With such a large client base, there are always new events in the works, ranging from guaranteed prize pools to qualifiers or satellites to freeroll tournaments and step tournaments.
- You can never go wrong with DraftKings! Enroll today to take advantage of a big welcome bonus up to $600 and quick payouts of 48 hours or less!
- Thanks to its user-friendly interface, DraftKings proves to be a breeze to use. They are easy to navigate.
DraftKings offers daily fantasy sports
As a daily fantasy sports website, DraftKings allows consumers to participate in daily and weekly tournaments to win money based on the performance of individual players in five major markets (NFL, NHL, MLB, PGA, and NBA).
What’s more, DraftKings offers markets for e-sports, motorsports, and even Canadian football, so it’s easy to see how they can carve out their own niche in the daily fantasy sports industry.
DraftKings’ DFS subsidiary serves the following markets; Golf, NASCAR, MMA, NBA, MLB, Canadian Football League, League of Legends, Soccer,
Online SD sportsbook by Draftkings
There are even more options and markets to pick from when it comes to online sports betting in SD. This is where DraftKings really shines, as there are numerous ways for players to increase their bankrolls. There are a lot of sports marketplaces in the United States.
Customer reward program at DraftKings SD
Another exciting aspect of the new loyalty program at DraftKings was the opportunity for users to accumulate points and redeem these for rewards such as crowns or DK Dollars. Those who are regulars at the site will find this to be an intriguing and lively program.
Before joining the DraftKings loyalty program and getting points, you should know what these terms mean and how they work.
DraftKings Crowns are the frequent player points that allow users to climb through numerous tiers of the DraftKings loyalty program with the ultimate objective of acquiring DraftKings Black prizes. Additionally, points will come in handy to purchase tickets to DraftKings events and make purchases in the DraftKings store (DKShop).
In order to participate in DraftKings tournaments, players must win DK Dollars, which may then be used to pay for the tournament entry cost.
However, DK Dollars can only be used to purchase games. DK Dollars can indirectly lead to cash awards because tournament winnings can be cashed out for cash.
Entrance tickets: DraftKings offers free entry into some tournaments and contests for those who have purchased entry tickets in advance.
Depending on the day of the week and the player’s current tier level, gamers may receive various hidden gifts.
DraftKings offers a variety of payment options
Their banking has both positive and negative aspects. The good news is that you can deposit as little as $5 and as much as $2,000 with DraftKings, and you can cash out in as little as one hour! That’s the simplest thing we’ve ever seen!
Unfortunately, DraftKings does not accept Bitcoin or Ethereum as payment.
Payout methods for DraftKings SD
Three methods of payment are available, but two of them take 72 hours or more to complete. We’ve seen greater compensation options elsewhere, but we have to admit that the hourly cash payout is a nice perk.
South Dakota online casino have the same payment options.
FanDuel Sportsbook SD
Overview of FanDuel
- Sports betting platform FanDuel is one of the largest in terms of market share and geographic reach. It is available in most states that allow sports betting. FanDuel dominates the market in many of those states.
- FanDuel’s early success as a pure daily fantasy service in sports betting still matters.
- Sports betting and horse racing are all available through FanDuel’s mobile and web platforms. This is the most popular sportsbook in South Dakota, accounting for almost 40% of all bets.
- A $1,000 risk-free wager is available to new FanDuel Sportsbook customers when they register. The welcome bonus doubles where FanDuel also provides online SD sports gambling. During the first 24 hours of play, new bettors can get a $2,000 sign-up bonus.
- Essentially, FanDuel gives new bettors a chance to play for free. It is possible to get $500 in site credits for losing $500 in bets. Site credits are a close second to cash because bettors only need to wager them once before they can payout.
- Wins achieved with site credits restore both the original stake and any winnings, which is a huge bonus! On the other hand, free bets don’t repay stakes, unlike refunds at most other sportsbooks.
FanDuel: How to claim your SD welcome bonus
When it comes to new player bonuses in South Dakota, FanDuel uses a novel method that is also generous. Most online SD sportsbooks require players to wager their first deposit bonuses ten times, 20 times, or even 50 times before they can withdraw their winnings. It’s time-consuming and frustrating to meet exorbitant wagering requirements.
Since there are no turnover requirements, gamers may practically play for free on FanDuel. For example, after 24 hours of play, a player who has deposited $500 and has lost $300 will be repaid the entire $300. A 1x wagering requirement for refund credits makes them the next best thing to real money.
All games count toward the 1x wagering requirement, and there are no restrictions on how many times you may use your site credits. Within 14 days, all site credit must be used. Because if they don’t, they will expire.
FanDuel Deposit Options
- Deposits at FanDuel Sportsbook and DFS can be made with credit cards, debit cards, electronic transfers, and even cash, as long as they meet the rules.
- Online Banking via Trustly: Users can use a secure banking interface to deposit funds. There are over 1000 banks to choose from that allow favorable rates and safety.
- They accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. While it’s free to use a credit card on FanDuel, some banks treat card deposits as cash advances and charge extra fees.
- Sign up for a FanDuel Prepaid Play+ Card by signing in to FanDuel and visiting the cashier. Bettors can instantly fund their virtual cards with VISA, MasterCard, or ACH. FanDuel will also mail participants a physical card to use at ATMs.
- PayPal: Players who already have a PayPal account can use it to fund their FanDuel account. This option requires a linked bank account.
- Venmo: Users can now fund their FanDuel accounts using Venmo. Currently, players can only use their linked bank account or their Venmo money.
- Transfers: Players can wire funds to FanDuel. High-value deposits require proof of funds.
Promotions at Fanduel Sportsbook
Here are some examples of sportsbook promotions:
- Bet & Get: Bettors must place a parlay wager to receive a little site credit. FanDuel credits the account whether the wager wins or loses.
- Bet $5 to Win $150: An alternate welcome bonus. New users get +3000 odds on any NBA or NFL moneyline. It’s a good value, but it’s best avoided with FanDuel’s usual welcome packages so powerful.
- FanDuel offers a number of free contests where bettors can win cash prizes. The NBA Over/Under is a recent example where the correct proposition bets win a $5,000 weekly pot.
- Odds Enhancements: FanDuel doesn’t give many daily odds boosts, but they are normally better than those of other online sportsbooks.
What is on offer at BetMGM?
BetMGM, Liv Hospitality’s Tin Lizzie Gaming Resort and Cadillac Jack’s Gaming Resort in South Dakota have formed sports betting partnerships.
In Deadwood, Nevada, MGM Resorts International’s digital arm, BetMGM, will be able to offer both in-store and mobile sports betting thanks to a deal with the city.
Be sure to check out the BetMGM Promo Code and special offers for new customers, especially if you’re a newbie. Users continue to benefit from ongoing promotional offers. New customers at BetMGM are eligible for a one-time $1,000 risk-free wager.
Since you’ll be placing your first wager with money you’ve already invested, start with a small amount of money, such as $10. Bet on anything that interests you. If you lose, you’ll receive a free bet of up to $1,000 that matches your loss.
Creating an account with BetMGM South Dakota
- Obtaining fantastic signup offers is a breeze.
- You can choose your state by going to the BetMGM website.
- Please enter the following information: email, name, birthday, Select a distinctive ID, Decide on a PIN Code, and SSN
- In accordance with the prompts, create security questions and answers.
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Begin betting by depositing money.
How to Bet on the sportsbook at BetMGM
Before placing a sports bet on BetMGM SD, make sure you understand the terms and conditions. First, set up a budget and stick to it.
Placing a bet shouldn’t cost you more than you can lose. So another key tip is to keep your bets close in value.
Look through the active lines by league or sport until you find the one you want to bet on. Decide whether you wish to place a straight, teaser, or parlay bet. Enter the amount you desire to wager on the line, and you will be prompted that the ticket is active. Confirm the bet.
Other states that provide sports betting:
Laws for sports betting in SD
South Dakota’s establishments are unquestionably world-class. We believe that sports fans in the state are more than happy with opening the first two Deadwood sportsbooks. Each site has a wealth of amenities and services that we strongly encourage you to make use of.
Sports betting can take place in South Dakota, according to SB 44. Deadwood casinos may apply for retail sportsbook licenses under the law. In addition, there may be SD mobile sports betting services, but the law says that only people who are legally allowed to bet can do so.
According to the law, casinos that want to run sportsbooks must pay a $2,000 one-time licensing fee and another $2,000 a year in renewal fees.
Legal SD sports betting
Professional, college, and international athletic events can be bet on under SB 44. However, minor league sports and the performances of individual college players are not allowed to be bet on in South Dakota. Sportsbooks are also prohibited from taking bets on South Dakota college football games.
The state of South Dakota has a 21-year-old age restriction on placing bets on sporting events.
Also, suppose the South Dakota Commission on Gaming thinks that more rules for regulating sports betting are needed. In that case, they might make them, too.
In certain states, esports betting is permitted, while it’s forbidden or restricted in others. So while esports betting markets might be included in SD sports betting apps, lawmakers will have to decide if it is something they want to pursue.
SD sports betting opportunities
Even though South Dakota isn’t exactly a hotbed for professional sports, you’ll be able to place bets on a wide range of popular leagues and events, including; basketball, baseball, football, boxing, golf, Formula One, hockey, MMA, soccer, tennis, and NASCAR.
The main college teams include the South Dakota Coyotes and the State Jack Rabbits, but don’t put your money on either of them. Gambling on in-state college teams, high school and minor league sports, and individual college players is prohibited by the state.
NFL SD mobile sports betting apps
This NFL season, South Dakotans have a plethora of alternatives when it comes to NFL betting apps. Fans of sports betting in Deadwood can obtain odds at the two local casinos’ BetMGM sportsbooks online.
The retail SD sportsbook will be available at the casino, and NFL fans may access betting odds via the BetMGM app. Only casino patrons will have access to this SD sports betting app. Online sportsbooks in South Dakota make mobile betting available statewide.
Some of the greatest NFL betting odds in South Dakota can be found at these sites.
The gambling tax for sports betting in SD
The state of South Dakota taxes all winnings from sports betting at a rate of 9 percent. On top of that, there’s a $5,000 application fee and a 25% gambling tax imposed on any earnings over $5,000.
All licensed retail SD sportsbooks are required by federal law to report gains of $600 or more. Therefore, even though the state of South Dakota does not require bettors to deduct gambling taxes on profits under $600, they are still required to report this to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Key terms used for SD online sports betting
If you’re betting on a sports game in South Dakota, you’ll likely hear these words:
- You can bet on the outcome of a game using the moneyline supplied by sportsbooks. Each and every line gets a $100 bet. For instance, if the favorite is -110, then a bet of $110 will return $100. A positive number for underdogs, like +110, means a $100 wager can return $110.
- The bookmaker expects a particular game’s total score to be represented by these over/under statistics. Participants bet on whether the final total would be higher or lower than the set amount.
- Use the spread to find out how many points, goals, or runs an opponent has. Bettors can back the underdog to cover the spread.
- Parlays are multi-bet wagers. However, parlays give bigger rewards for a smaller outlay. If one of the bets loses, the parlay is a fraud.
- Parlay spreads: This bet can move the line in your favor. Winning more frequently than a parlay, but not as frequently as a straight bet.
- Props are bets on a player or team’s accomplishments, or on a game state, like running yards, points scored, or overtime.
- A season’s outcome is wagered on instead of a single game. Futures bets include conference, division, and league champion predictions. The latter is betting on an event while it is still in process with odds updated in real time.
Conclusion for sports betting in SD
Voters in the town of Deadwood approved casinos in 1989, resulting in the state’s largest gambling expansion to date. Nearly 60 percent of the state’s voters approved the opening of sportsbooks in Deadwood in 2020, which was another significant shift in the state’s history. The ballot initiative, known as Amendment B, said the following:
Roulette, keno, craps, limited card games, and slot machines are just some of what you’ll find in Deadwood under the existing constitution. A constitutional change gives Deadwood’s legislature the option of allowing wagers on athletic events as well.
If present tribal gaming compacts change, then whatever gaming the legislature offers in Deadwood can also be offered at casinos on reservations under federal law.
FAQs SD sports betting
Deadwood is the only place in the state where bettors can register in person. After registering, players can use their mobile devices to place bets on their mobiles.
Yes, on the Deadwood casino properties.
The state’s Commission will govern sports betting in South Dakota on Gaming.
On casino premises, yes.
South Dakota has a legal gambling age of 21.